Maison Margiela is a French fashion house founded by Belgian-designer Martin Margiela. Established in 1988, the eponymous label is known for its deconstructive design and anti-fashion approach. The original collections were shown in unconventional settings: empty metro stations, street corners, a cemetery, and evoked strong responses for eschewing industry norms. Margiela, who remained anonymous during the entirety of his tenure, centered the clothing around artistic expression, rather than participate in the cult of personality in fashion brands.
The Maison Margiela 5AC Daily Bag is structured grained calfskin tote in taupe. Hand-painted detailing throughout.
- Twin carry handles
- Adjustable and detachable shoulder strap
- Logo patch and signature white stitching at face
- Adjustable post-stud tab at sides
- Canvas trim and drawstring closure at throat
- Laptop compartment at interior
- Zip pocket and patch pocket
- Twill lining
- Silver-tone hardware
- H15 x W15 x D3 in