Founded in 2009, Hoka footwear defied the minimalist design dominating the running world in the most extreme possible way. The “maximalist” cushioning of Hoka footwear offered more cushioning than any other shoe, period, while maintaining an overall light weight. The exaggerated outsole required to accommodate the extra cushioning quickly became Hoka’s visual signature, something that made clear that this is a different kind of shoe.
When a shoe takes its name from the record holder for 100 mile trail race victories, Karl Meltzer, it's safe to say that you're dealing with a serious trail silhouette. The Speedgoat 4 is specifically engineered to take the maximalist cushioning Hoka is known for, into the most demanding trail environments.
If a size is not listed, it is sold out.
- Updated mesh upper provides breathability
- 3D printed overlays provide additional midfoot support and lockdown for a more secure feel
- Gusseted tongue features strategic cutouts for breathability
- Lacing eye-rows contain a small winged component to ensure a secure fit
- Midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit
- Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions
- 5mm "stepped" lugs offer additional support and stability
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability